This competition is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: EA SPORTS UFC 2 LIVE EVENT COMPETITION: UFC 200 (the “Competition”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Competition. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc., Zuffa, LLC., or their affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Competition, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: the Competition will be split into two (2) in-game qualifying events (“Qualifiers”) and one (1) live final event (the “Finals”) that occur between May 14, 2016 and July 8, 2016 (the “Competition Period”) for each Platform. Events will occur according to the following schedule:
a. Qualifier 1 will coincide with UFC 198 and be available between May 14, 2016 at 6:00PM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and May 19, 2016 at 6:00PM GMT
b. Qualifier 2 will coincide with UFC 199 be available between May 30, 2016 at 6:00PM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and June 6, 2016 at 6:00PM GMT
c. A live in-person Finals that will occur on July 8, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Competition. IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Compete:
Each Qualifier will consist of a separate leaderboard for each platform. To compete in a Qualifier:
a. select “Live Event Competition” from the Live Events hub in EA SPORTS UFC 2 (this mode will only be available during a Qualifier)
b. Accept the Competition rules
c. Select a Fighter and win online matches to advance up the leaderboard. You can incur up to 3 losses in order to keep increasing your win count.
i. After 3 losses, your win and loss count will both reset to 0 (your highest win count will remain on the leaderboard).
ii. After 3 losses, you may re-enter the Live Events Competitions mode to attempt a higher win count. You may do this as many times as you like throughout the remainder of the Qualifier.
iii. A win count higher than previous attempts will overwrite your previous win count on the leaderboard.
iv. A win count will only be considered an entry in the Qualifier that it was achieved in.
v. In the case of ties between multiple win counts, the lowest Average Fight Time will be used to determine advancement up the leaderboard.
Prior to the start of each online match, players will be provided a selection of 10 perks and required to select 5 for use in the upcoming match.
Following the end of each Qualifier, Sponsor will announce the entrant with the highest win count on each platform within 7 days at https://www.easports.com/ufc/news. If an entrant with the highest win count at the end of a Qualifier does not meet eligibility requirements and/or is unavailable for travel to Las Vegas, NV during the week of July 4, 2016, the next eligible entrant will be considered the winner of the Qualifier. Entrants may only be declared the winner of one (1) Qualifier on one (1) platform. Once their eligibility is confirmed, the combined winners from both Qualifiers on each platform will be considered the “Diamond Tier” of the Competition (4 entrants total).
Sponsor will invite the Diamond Tier entrants to compete in the Finals during the week of July 4, 2016. The Finals will consist of two (2) rounds:
1. One (1) semi-finals round consisting of one (1) live in-person match between the Diamond Tier winners for each platform (two matches total). For this match:
· The participants will be ranked by their Qualifier win-count. In the case of a tied win-counts, placement will be determined by lowest Average Fight Time.
· The participant with higher placement will choose one of the following
i. Matchup Selection (if more than one is available) and Fighter Selection OR
ii. Red Corner/Blue Corner
2. One (1) grand final match between the winners of the semi-finals. For this match:
· A live coin toss will be presented on stage to choose the settings for the match
· The participant with the quicker win time in the semi-finals will make the call on the coin toss.
· The coin toss winner will select either
i. Matchup Selection (if more than one is available) and Fighter Selection OR
ii. Blue Corner/Red Corner
· Grand final match will be played on a platform of Sponsor’s choosing. Players will be given their choice of platform controller for this match.
Prior to each match in the Finals, finalists will be provided a selection of 10 perks and required to select 5 of them for use in their next upcoming match. Sponsor will collect the finalist’s perk selection 30 minutes prior to the start of each match.
a. using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications in playing games;
b. intentionally disconnecting from the Internet during any game;
c. improperly using in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff;
d. colluding with other players in playing games; or
e. taking advantage of known exploits in the game (it is the responsibility of players to understand and avoid all current illegal exploits).
Abusive or disorderly behavior, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language online, will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.
These rules may be modified as necessary during the Competition to add further clarity, correct errors, or address a situation that is not already contained in the rules as of first publishing. The goal of any edits will be to ensure a fair tournament through consistent rulings.
4. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
(a) Organizing, running and monitoring the Competition and prize fulfillment, including, if entrant wins a prize, publishing (i) their name on the Winner(s) List and (ii) their name and country of residence online or in any other media in connection with the Competition, as described further in Section 7 below); and
(b) Any additional processing activities to which entrants consent.
We comply with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework for the collection, use, and retention of data from Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor. Where necessary, EA adopts contractual measures to adequately protect Personal Information transferred outside of the EEA in line with relevant laws.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line EA SPORTS UFC 2 Live Events Competition to email@example.com.
6. Winner Determination: The eligible entrant with the highest win count on each platform at the end of each Qualifier will be considered the winner of the Qualifier and invited to participate in the Finals. The winner of the Grand Finals match will be the winner of the Competition.
7. Notification: Potential winners from each Qualifier will be notified by the email address associated with their EA account within seven (7) days following the close of the Qualifier. Except where prohibited, each potential Qualifier winner will be required to provide their preferred email and address, and sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential Qualifier winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential Qualifier winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate entrant based on position on the leaderboard or ladder, as applicable, from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
The Diamond Tier players will each receive a prize trip to Las Vegas, Nevada to compete in the Finals the week of July 4, 2016. Each prize trip includes a trip for the Diamond Tier player and one (1) guest (“Winner” and “Guest”) to Las Vegas, NV to compete in the Finals being held on July 8, 2016 to coincide with UFC 200 (July 9, 2016). All Diamond Tier players must be available to travel the week of July 4, 2016. Trip includes roundtrip, economy/coach class airfare for two (2) people (Winner and Guest) from the major commercial airport nearest the Winner’s residence (Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary); hotel accommodations for four (4) days / three (3) nights (one (1) double occupancy room) at the Venetian/Palazzo; and one (1) $500 Visa cash card. Incidentals, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, Spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees and airline service charges, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Winner must notify Sponsor of intended dates of travel by no later than June 20, 2016. All travel must be completed by July 10, 2016 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions, so Sponsor cannot guarantee prize trip will be available on the exact dates specified by Winner. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Valid Passport and/or other travel documentation required.
Additional restrictions may apply.
The approximate retail value (ARV) of each Prize trip is (~$3,000 USD, ~€2,700EUR, ~$3800 AUD value). Actual value of prize may vary depending on Winner’s residence and seasonal rates.
The two (2) Diamond Tier finalists eliminated in the semi-finals will each receive two (2) Fan Expo VIP Passes and two (2) tickets to UFC 200 on July 9, 2016. (~$1,000 USD, ~€900EUR, ~$1300 AUD value)
The two (2) Diamond Tier finalists who proceed to the grand finals will each receive two (2) Fan Expo VIP Passes and two (2) Floor Seat tickets for UFC 200 on July 9, 2016. (~$2,000 USD, ~€1,800EUR, ~$2500 AUD value).
The winner of the grand finals match will receive $10,000 USD and an EA Sports UFC Live Events Competition belt.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute Prize of approximately equal value. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual Winner.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants.
9. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Competition, each participant agrees:
(1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in Australia, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Competition and any prize won, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Competitions or any Competition-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and France with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
For Residents of Austria, Germany: By participating in this Contest, each participant acknowledges: (1) In regard to the Prize and any other products or services given by Sponsor and its affiliates free of charge, the Sponsor shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence. (2) In all other cases, the Sponsor shall only be liable to cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of slight negligence, however, the Sponsor is only liable for the breach of essential contractual obligations, such as delay or impossibility of performance, which the Sponsor can be made responsible for. The liability in the event of breach of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the typical contractual damage, whose occurrence could be expected by the Sponsor upon conclusion of the contract on account of the circumstances known at that time. “Essential contractual obligations” as previously stated are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential to enable the proper implementation of the contract and the achievement of its purpose and whose observation you as an end consumer may rely upon. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of explicit guarantees by the Sponsor, in case of malice and injuries to life, body or health as well as in the case of mandatory statutory regulations.
(2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Competition;
(3) That EA has the right to publish and otherwise use your statistics and rankings in connection with the Competition, and for other related purposes (such as for marketing and promotional purposes) without further consent from or payment to you;
(4) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Promotion, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and
(5) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Competition, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and
(6) The Competition is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, notwithstanding, nothing in these Official Rules shall have the effect to deprive you of the consumer protection rights granted to you by the laws of your residence that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Competition or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
Zuffa, LLC, along with its affiliates and agents (collectively, “The Released Parties”) is not the Sponsor of the Competition. The Released Parties will have no liability, and will be held harmless by the winner for any liability, loss, injury or damage to property or person, including death, and reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in the Sweepstakes, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of any of the Released Parties, or by any breach of these Official Rules.
10. Winner(s) List: Sponsor will post the names of confirmed winners online after July 9, 2016 at https://www.easports.com/ufc/news. This list will remain posted until November 9, 2016.
© 2016 Electronic Arts Inc.