2016 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN NY, FL, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION, ACCESS TO PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE OR XBOX 360 CONSOLE, ACCESS TO FIFA 16 ON EITHER THE PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 OR XBOX ONE AND AN EA ACCOUNT TO ENTER.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
1. Entry. To enter the MLS More Than a Vote (the “Sweepstakes”), play the MLS All-Star Weekend tournament in FIFA 16 Ultimate Team (“Ultimate Team”) game mode between June 24, 2016 10:00:00 a.m. PST and June 27, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. It is not necessary to win the tournament to enter. Your Ultimate Team squad requires 11 MLS players in starting position. No other methods of entry will be accepted. Completed Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on June 27, 2016. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Use of a false email account will disqualify an Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected Entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to website Entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the Entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, Entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States (except New York and Florida), the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had internet access as of June 17, 2016. Residents of New York, Florida and the province of Quebec are not eligible. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”), MLS and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its Agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There are 11 prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes.
First Prize: One (1) winner will win a trip for two (2) persons to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star game on July 28, 2016. Prize trip includes roundtrip, economy/coach class airfare for (2) people (Winner and Guest) from the major commercial airport nearest Winner’s residence (Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary) to San Jose, California; hotel accommodations for four (4) nights (one (1) double occupancy room) at a hotel of Sponsor’s choosing, ground transportation to and from 2016 MLS All-Star game; meet and greet with two (2) MLS players; two (2) pre-game field access passes to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game and two (2) tickets to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star Game. Incidentals, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, Spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees and airline service charges, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Winner must notify Sponsor of intended dates of travel by no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the intended date of departure. All travel must be completed by July 29, 2016 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions, so Sponsor cannot guarantee prize trip will be available on the exact dates specified by Winner. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Any Winner who is a minor must be accompanied during travel by at least one adult (parent or guardian) 18 years of age or older. Additional restrictions may apply. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the prize is $5,000. Actual value of Prize Trip may vary depending on Winner’s residence and seasonal rates.
Second Prize: 10 winners will each receive 10 Gold FUT Packs for their Ultimate Team. ARV of each prize is $10.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
Potential winners will be determined by random drawing on or about June 30, 2016 from all eligible Entries received. The drawing will be conducted at Sponsor’s address as indicated at the beginning of these rules by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding.
Potential winners may be required to complete and sign a Declaration of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 10 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Guest(s) will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release at least 7 days prior to travel or guest will not be able to travel.
Canadian winners must also answer a skill-based question in order to claim prize. Potential winners will be notified on or about June 30, 2016 by an email sent to the email address specified on the Entry form. If a potential winner cannot be contacted at this email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 10 days of attempted notification, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor choosing. Potential winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Allow 1-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
4. General Conditions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants assume sole liability for and agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) claimed to be caused from participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or MLS More Than a Vote Sweepstakes 5/20/16 modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible Entries at any time before the termination of the Sweepstakes. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Sweepstakes. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
Except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees tha t Sponsor and/or its Agents, have the right to use the Entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or Agents respective websites and in any and all media, including in connection with marketing and promotion of Sponsor’s products or services, without any further attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or nonuse of any entry. 5. Winners list. A winners list will be posted at https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimateteam/news/2016/mls-more-than-a-vote.com for two weeks after all winners are determined and verified.
5. Winners list. A winners list will be posted at https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimateteam/news/2016/mls-more-than-a-vote.com for two weeks after all winners are determined and verified.
© 2016 Electronic Arts Inc.