THIS CHALLENGE CONSISTS OF A TOURNAMENT CHALLENGE (QUALIFYING ROUND AND LIVE EVENT) AND A SWEEPSTAKES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROMOTION”).
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT CHALLENGE (THE “TOURNAMENT”), ENTRANTS MUST HAVE ACCESS TO FIFA 16 FOR EITHER ONE OF THE TOP 2 NEXT GENERATION VIDEO GAME CONSOLES (EACH A “PLATFORM”) AND BE CONNECTED TO YOUR EA ACCOUNT BEFORE MAY 26, 2016; HAVE ACCESS TO THE APPLICABLE VIDEO GAME CONSOLE; AND HAVE A VALID SUBSCRIPTION TO THE APPLICABLE CONSOLE ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. ENTRANTS MAY ENTER AND PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT ON ONE PLATFORM ONLY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
VOID IN FLORIDA, NEW YORK, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Promotion is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
1. How to Enter.
To enter into the Tournament, beginning 12:00:01 a.m. EST on June 1, 2016 through 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2016 (the “Tournament Period”), enter the LIVE COMPETITIONS mode within FIFA 16 and register for the Tournament, accept the Official Rules and play a game against other registered FIFA 16 players to earn points to be ranked on a Leaderboard in the Qualification Round (collectively, the “Entry”). No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: one entry per person and/or email address.
To enter into the Sweepstakes, entrants competing in the Tournament, who complete 50 games, and are ranked on the Leaderboard will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
Alternatively, to be entered into the Sweepstakes without being ranked on the Leaderboard, entrants may send a postcard with their name, address, birthdate, and email address to one of the following locations:
For Canadian residents:
Adidas MLS Challenge
4330 Sanderson Way
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5G 4X1
For U.S. residents:
Adidas MLS Challenge
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes. Limit only one entry per person, email address and/or household will be accepted. Completed entries must be transmitted during the Competition Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2016. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during Competition Period and received by July 7, 2016. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or postage due entries or other communications or other technical problems related to online entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Tournament Challenge Play Instructions; Competition Structure
Qualification Round: All entrants will begin in the Qualification Round with a score of zero points at the start of the Tournament. Entrants must play with a team of their choosing in a Ranked Match in accordance to the GAMEPLAY RULES to earn points. Points are accumulated based on game play performance in completed games which feed into a ranking on the leaderboard. Entrants may play a maximum of 50 games in the Qualification Round during the Tournament Period.
Qualification Round Game Play Rules:
Finals Event: The top two (2) qualifying Entrants at the top of the Leaderboard for each Platform at the end of the Qualifying Round will be chosen to compete in the Live Event to be held on July 28th, 2016 in San Jose, CA for the Grand Prize.
Finals Event Game Play Rules:
a. using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications in playing games;
b. intentionally disconnecting from the Internet during any game;
c. colluding with other players in playing games; or
d. taking advantage of known exploits in the game (it is the responsibility of players to understand and avoid all current illegal exploits).
Abusive or disorderly behavior, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language online, will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.
3. Eligibility. This Promotion is only open to residents of the 50 United States (except Florida and New York) and the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of May 26, 2016. This Promotion is void in Florida, New York, Quebec, and where prohibited. Employees of EA and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Promotion is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. The top two (2) qualifying entrants at the top of the Leaderboard for each hardware Platform at the end of the Competition Period will be determined the Qualifying Winners to compete in the Live Event in San Jose, CA, on July 28, 2016. There will be a total of four (4) Qualifying winners for the Live Event.
In the event of a tie in the Qualifying Rounds, winner(s) will be chosen by the following tiebreaker methods, in priority order:
In the event of a tie in the Live Event, the winner will be determined through the “Classic” mechanic. In “Classic” overtime players will play two halves of extra-time. Whichever player is leading at the end of the second extra time half wins. If the game is still tied at the end of the second extra time half it will continue into penalty kicks, where a winner will be determined.
Sweepstakes potential winners will be determined by random drawing on or about July 8, 2016 from all eligible Entries received. The drawing will be conducted at Sponsor’s address as indicated at the beginning of these rules by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding.
Potential winners may be required to complete and sign a Declaration of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 10 days of attempted notification in order to claim the prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Guest(s) will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release at least 7 days prior to travel or guest will not be able to travel. If a potential winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 7 days of attempted notification, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor choosing. Potential winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Allow 10 days to 4 months for delivery of prizes.
5. Prizes. There are 75 prizes.
Final Event Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000 USD in the form of a check made payable to the winner. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $10,000.
Live Event Qualifier Prize. Four (4) Qualifying Winners (2 for each platform) will each receive a trip to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star game on July 28, 2016. The prize trip includes roundtrip, economy/coach class airfare for 2 people (Qualifier and Guest) from major commercial airport nearest the Qualifier’s residence (Qualifier and Guest must travel together on same itinerary); hotel accommodations for 3 days/2 nights (one (1) double occupancy room) at a hotel of Sponsor’s choosing, ground transportation to/from MLS All-Star event. Incidentals, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, Spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees and airline service charges, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Qualifier must notify Sponsor of intended dates of travel by no later than 10 prior to the intended date of departure. Winner must be able to travel on July 27, 2016 or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions, so Sponsor cannot guarantee prize trip will be available on the exact dates specified by Winner. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Qualifier and his or her Guest. Additional restrictions may apply. ARV of each prize is $5,000. Actual value of Prize Trip may vary depending on Winner’s residence and seasonal rates.
First prize winners: 25 winners will each receive an EA SPORTS prize pack consisting of 4 software titles at Sponsor’s discretion. ARV of each prize is $280.
Second prize winners: 25 winners will each receive two (2) tickets to a MLS match during the 2015/2016 season. MLS matches will be at Sponsor’s discretion. ARV of each prize is $200.
Third prize winners: 5 winners will each receive a signed MLS jersey. ARV of each prize is $150.
Fourth prize winners: 10 winners will each receive a $100 Adidas gift card. ARV of each prize is $100.
Fifth prize winners: 5 winners will each receive an autographed Adidas ball. ARV of each prize is $20.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable or if prior to awarding the prize Sponsor and winner agree on such a substitute prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any apparel sizes and games, including platform for play to be awarded as prize are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each individual winner.
6. License. By entering this Promotion, each entrant expressly grants to Sponsor, its affiliates and agents a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, complete, sub-licensable and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, publish, use, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the Entry, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to entrant or any third party. Entrant further waives and agrees not to assert any moral or similar rights entrant may have in such Entry. Except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, have the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the EA SPORTS FIFA 16 videogame franchise, existing or future EA SPORTS FIFA franchise video games, this Promotion or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry
7. General Conditions. By participating in the Promotion, participants assume sole liability for and agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) claimed to be caused from participating in this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Promotion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Judges and to be contacted by Sponsor, MLS or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Promotion. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
8. Winners list. A winners list will be available at www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/adidas-mls-challenge-winners-listing
after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks.
© 2016 Electronic Arts Inc.