FIFA 15 on Xbox 360 and PS3 - Features and Modes
Posted August 20th at 6:00pm.
Fresh off gamescom, there is no question that fans are embracing the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as the future of gaming. The new consoles give us the power and capability to deliver new gameplay innovations and new live services - and we are happy to be leading the way on FIFA 15. Since E3 in June, we have been bringing you news about everything coming to FIFA 15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
While the new consoles may be the future of gaming, there are still millions of FIFA players on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and our commitment for this year was to create FIFA 15 for these consoles with tons of innovation and great new services. It delivers a FIFA experience that builds on the authenticity, real world connection, and amazing gameplay that the franchise is known for.
We’re very confident in the amount of innovation and depth we’re delivering for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360 but there are some things we couldn’t do for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360, either based on the limitations of these consoles, or our time and resources. Most notably, Pro Clubs will not be a mode in FIFA 15 on Xbox 360 and PS3.
While some things have to move solely to the newer consoles, the EA SPORTS FIFA team bringing you a great football experience on PS3 and Xbox 360 have focused on gameplay innovation, Team Management, Career Mode, FIFA Ultimate Team, and authentic leagues, teams, and kits that mirror the game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
In addition to all the authentic leagues and teams, and FIFA’s award winning gameplay, here’s a look at what’s new for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360:
Gameplay: Player Control
- Agility and Control: Our most responsive FIFA yet. Players react and move with closer control and balance when on the ball. See more on Agility and Control
- Man-to-Man Battles: Tackles are now more rewarding and physical. Possession Tackles allow you to keep the ball after winning a challenge. You’ll feel the battle with new shoulder barges and crunching big fall physics.
- Correct Contacts: Ball movement in FIFA changes the game. Now every dribble, touch, pass, shot and deflection will see accurate movement according to what the ball last touched. You’ll see accurate spin, curl and varied ball trajectories.
- Set Piece Control: Take control of players receiving the ball during throw-ins, corners and free kicks, and place them in better positions.
- Team Management: An all new Team Management system gives you greater control and personalisation of different squads.
- Team Sheets: Team Sheets: Available in Career Mode on Xbox 360 and PS3, you can customise up to five different Team Sheets per club and easily alter your strategy for the next match.
- Instructions: Up to four attacking and defending player instructions can be applied to each of the ten outfield players. These instructions let you manage the attacking runs and defensive positions players take on the pitch and gives you deeper customisation options for how your team sets up.
- Formations: Preset formations for any of your custom squads and pick the best to take on your next opponent.
- Roles: Easily set roles like captain, set-piece and penalty takers for each of your squads.
- Tactics: Set a default Team Tactic to each of your Team Sheets in Career Mode so your game plan is locked before hitting the pitch.
- Team Tactics - Adjust your team’s strategy on the fly. All new tactics “Park the Bus” and “All Out Attack” are just some of the tactics fans can utilize in matches in FIFA 15. Change your team’s mentality and have them adapt to any situation.
- Authentic Player Visuals: The FIFA 15 development team has brought the Next Generation footballer to Xbox 360 and PS3. New character models and body rigging mean players appear more lifelike, powerful and athletic, while their kits will become dirty with mud and grass.
- Barclays Premier League: All 20 stadiums, an extra 200 new 3D player faces, Goal Line Technology and a stunning broadcast feel - read more
- Turkish Süper Lig: Our most requested league returns to FIFA with all 18 teams featured - read more
Full list of modes available for FIFA 15 on Xbox 360 and PS3:
- FIFA Ultimate Team - Loan Players, Concept Squads, Friendly Seasons and Legends (Xbox One and Xbox 360 only). See what’s new in FIFA Ultimate Team
- Career Mode - managing your squad and finding players even more authentic.
- EA SPORTS Football Club - share news and interact with your friends, and shop for unlockable items using the new EA SPORTS FC contextual widget.
- Tournament Mode - returns to FIFA 15 with all new tournaments.
- Online Seasons - compete online in a season format. Now with the Guest Play option to compete with friends on your team.
- Online Friendlies - compete online against your friends.
- Co-Op Seasons - compete online with a friend in 2v2 matches.
- Skill Games - new Skill Games added to the popular practice mode including four new games that cover the basics – dribbling, shooting, passing, defending.
- Kick Off - jump straight in to play head-to-head offline against a friend or the AI.
- Learn-to-Play (FIFA Basics)
- Practice Arena - practice 1v1 situations against the keeper.