FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week
By EA SPORTS Football Dec 11, 2013
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
The last few days have been fairly eventful for Bayern München’s Franck Ribéry. On Saturday, he scored twice and earned an assist in the club’s 0:7 crushing of Werder Bremen, which maintained their four-point cushion at the top of the Bundesliga table. Things only got better on Monday, when Ribery was announced as one of three finalists for the prestigious FIFA Ballon D’Or award. Although many consider him to have only an outside shot at winning the trophy, his excellent performance for the club over the past year cannot be denied.
Milan currently sits mid-table in what has proven to be a fairly inconsistent season in Serie A. On Saturday, they managed to secure a 2:2 draw against Livorno in the small Tuscan city. Mario Balotelli scored both goals for the visitors. He opened the scoring in the 7th minute to give them the lead, then scored again in the 83rd minute to salvage a point.
Current French champions Paris Saint-Germain maintained their slender two-point lead atop Lique 1 with an easy 5:0 victory over Sochaux. Zlatan Ibrahimović is the League’s leading scorer with 13 goals after his two-goal performance on Saturday. Although Ibra missed out on being a finalist in the FIFA Ballon D’Or, he continues to wow fans with his goal-scoring abilities.
You have to feel for Norwich City after falling victim to the hurricane that is Luis Suárez. Last Wednesday evening, Suárez scored four goals, including a goal-of-the-year candidate, and assisted on a fifth in Liverpool’s 5:1 demolition of Norwich City. He followed that up three days later with a goal in the club’s 4:1 comfortable win over struggling West Ham United. The Uruguayan, who missed the start of the season due to suspension, has scored 14 goals in only 10 games and leads the league in that category.
- GK: Vincent Enyeama – LOSC Lille (France)
- CB: Ömer Toprak– Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Germany)
- CB: Mike Williamson – Newcastle United (England)
- RB: Maicon – Roma (Italy)
- LM: Franck Ribéry – Bayern München (Germany)
- CAM: Stephen Ireland – Stoke City (England)
- CAM: Walter Montillo – Santos (Brazil)
- RM: Yann Jouffre – FC Lorient (France)
- ST: Mario Balotelli – Milan (Italy)
- ST: Zlatan Ibrahimović – Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- ST: Luis Suárez – Liverpool FC (England)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Philipp Tschauner – FC St. Pauli (Germany)
- LB: Patrick van Aanholt – Vitesse (Netherlands)
- CB: Aurélien Collin – Sporting KC (United States)
- CM: Davy Klaassen – Ajax (Netherlands)
- CAM: Michał Masłowski – Zawisza Bydgoszcz (Poland)
- ST: Fredy Montero – Sporting CP (Portugal)
- LW: Sidnei – Perth Glory (Australia)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.