FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week - October 16
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
On Friday night, while scoring three of The Netherlands eight goals against Hungary, Robin van Persie became the country’s all-time leading scorer with 41 goals in his career. Although the Dutch qualified for next summer’s FIFA World Cup last month, they continued their campaign in fine form. After taking care of Hungary 8:1 in Eindhoven, they finished off their qualifying with a convincing 0:2 victory over Turkey in Istanbul.
Bayern München’s Philipp Lahm was vital in both of Germany’s two victories over the last five days to help secure the country’s FIFA World Cup berth. During Friday’s 3:0 victory over the Republic of Ireland, he helped set-up the opening goal in the 12th minute. Meanwhile, fellow countryman and Bayern teammate Toni Kroos was involved with the other two goals. On Tuesday night, Kroos would notch another assist during their thrilling 3:5 victory over Sweden in Solna.
Friday’s 3:3 draw between Colombia and Chile was a match to remember. Chile lead 3:0 after only 29 minutes of match time, thanks to two goals by FC Barcelona striker Alexis Sánchez. The hosts would crawl their way back to tie the match, securing Colombia’s first World Cup berth since 1998 and preventing Chile from securing their own. Thankfully, the Chileans would secure qualification on Tuesday night with a 2:1 victory over Ecuador in Santiago. Sánchez would once again get his name on the score-sheet, scoring the game’s first goal in the 35th minute.
- GK: Dudu Aouate – RCD Mallorca (Spain) – Israel
- CB: Martin Olsson – Norwich City (England) – Sweden
- CB: Maynor Figueroa – Hull City (England) – Honduras
- CB: Philipp Lahm – Bayern München (Germany) – Germany
- LM: Ezequiel Lavezzi – Paris Saint-Germain (France) – Argentina
- CM: Gervinho – Roma (Italy) – Ivory Coast
- CM: Graham Zusi – Sporting KC (United States) – United States
- RM: Salomon Kalou – LOSC Lille (France) – Ivory Coast
- CAM: Toni Kroos – Bayern München (Germany) – Germany
- ST: Robin van Persie – Manchester United (England) – The Netherlands
- ST: Alexis Sánchez – FC Barcelona (Spain) – Chile
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Justo Villar – Colo Colo (Chile) – Paraguay
- CB: Alaeddine Yahia – Racing Club de Lens (France) – Tunisia
- CM: Aron Gunnarsson – Cardiff City (England) – Iceland
- RM: Andros Townsend – Tottenham Hotspur (England) – England
- ST: Nicklas Bendtner – Arsenal (England) – Denmark
- ST: Ciaran Kilduff – Cork City (Ireland) – Rep of Ireland
- LW: Kekuta Manneh – Vancouver Whitecaps (Canada) – Gambia
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now in everywhere; pick up your copy today.