FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week - April 2
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
Atlético de Madrid managed to win a hard fought match over Athletic Bilbao 1:2 on Saturday to maintain their single point lead atop the Primera Division. Although the hosts took the lead after only seven minutes, Atlético’s leading scorer Diego Costa tied it up in the 22nd. Teammate Koke would score the match-winner in the 55th to give the club the three critical points. This was Costa’s 25th goal of the season and helped to keep him within three of league leader Cristiano Ronaldo.
Meanwhile, Real Madrid easily defeated Rayo Vallecano 5:0 to end their two match losing streak and stay in the title hunt. The Welshman Gareth Bale scored twice in the span of two minutes and earned an assist in the victory. In his first season with the club, Bale has been quite dependable for Real as both a goal scorer and set-up man. He has 12 goals and 12 assists in 23 league matches played.
Kakáscored twice for Milan in his 300th match with the club as they easily defeated Chievo Verona 3:0 on Saturday night. It has been a rough season for the Rossoneri, who are poised to finish mid-table and miss out on a place in either of Europe’s major club competitions.
With the title wrapped up in Germany, focus is now squarely on the remaining European positions available and the tight relegation battle. Borussia Dortmund managed to comeback from two goals down to defeat relegation threatened VfB Stuttgart 2:3. Marco Reus was in fine form, scoring all three goals in the win. This victory keeps Dortmund in second place, with a slender one point lead over Schalke 04.
- GK: Guillermo Ochoa – AC Ajaccio (France)
- CB: Naldo – VfL Wolfsburg (Germany)
- CB: Marcos Rojo – Sporting CP (Portugal)
- RB: Ricardo van Rhijn – Ajax (The Netherlands)
- LM: Marco Reus – Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
- CM (CAM): Roman Shirokov – FC Krasnodar (Russia)
- CM (CAM): Kaká– Milan (Italy)
- RM: Gareth Bale – Real Madrid (Spain)
- LW (ST): Claudio Pizarro – Bayern München (Germany)
- RW (ST): Dayro Moreno – Millonarios FC (Colombia)
- ST: Diego Costa – Atlético de Madrid (Spain)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Julián Speroni – Crystal Palace (England)
- RB: James Tavernier – Rotherham United (England)
- LM: Jay Rodriguez – Southampton (England)
- RM: David Schloffer – Sturm Graz (Austria)
- ST: Silvio – Wolfsberger AC (Austria)
- ST: Nasser Al Shamrani – Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia)
- ST: Cillian Morrison – U.C.D. (Rep of Ireland)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.