Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 EA Major Championship
2013 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN ARIZONA, COLORADO, MARYLAND, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, VERMONT AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE, ENTRANTS MUST HAVE ACCESS TO Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 FOR EITHER THE XBOX 360 SYSTEM OR PLAYSTATION 3 CONSOLE, PLUS THE APPLICABLE INTERNET CONNECTED VIDEO GAME SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED GAME SYSTEM ACCOUNT.
1. To Enter. You will need a copy of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 (the “Game”), the EA Major Golden Ticket pin and an Origin/EA account* to participate in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 EA Major Championship (the "Competition"). You will also need access to an Internet connected Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 video game system (each a "Platform"), along with either an Xbox LIVE Gold Account* to play and enter using the Xbox 360**, or a PlayStation Network account to play and enter using the PlayStation 3***. Entrants may enter and play in the Competition on one Platform only.
* If you do not already have an Origin/EA account you can create one for free by accessing an option within the Xbox LIVE menu for the Xbox 360 or within the Online menu in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 for PlayStation 3 and then following the prompts presented.
* *An Xbox LIVE Gold Account can be purchased and a purchase code can be redeemed within the Xbox 360 Dashboard
*** You can create a PlayStation Network account within the Home menu of your PlayStation 3.
Beginning 3:00:01 a.m. PST on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 through 2:59:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 (the “Competition Period”), submit your 4 lowest scores on the “EA Major Championship” event (collectively, the ”Entry”). No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: one entry per person and/or email address.
Completed entries must be transmitted during the Competition Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on January 29, 2013. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or postage due entries or other communications or other technical problems related to online entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Play Instructions; Competition Structure
Log into the Game, select Online from the main menu, then Live Tournament, then “EA Major Championship” from the EA Major Channel. Select a golfer. Event will load. Play the event to completion and submit your score (a minimum of 4 rounds is required). After playing at least 4 rounds, your 4 best scores will be added together and you will be prompted to save this score to the leaderboard; this score will be your Entry Score. Score submission confirmation will be displayed on the screen once the above steps have been followed. The event may be played an unlimited amount of times and each entrant’s Entry Score will automatically be updated to reflect their 4 lowest scoring rounds. The entrant with the lowest final Entry Score on each platform (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) at the conclusion of the Competition Period will win. If entrant does not meet the eligibility guidelines, the next closest entrant will be chosen until both the best score and eligibility guidelines are met.
3. Eligibility. This Competition is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, excluding AZ, CO, MD, ND, TN, and VT, who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of January 15, 2013. This Competition is void in AZ, CO, MD, ND, TN, and VT, and where prohibited. To enter, you must have (i) access to an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 entertainment and video game system, including an Xbox LIVE Gold Account to play and enter using the Xbox 360 or a PlayStation Network account to play and enter using the PlayStation 3, (ii) access to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 software for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, (iii) internet access and (iv) own a EA Major Golden Ticket pin. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor” and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Competition is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Prizes. There are two (2) prizes.
Grand Prize: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners (one per platform: Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) will each receive one (1) copy of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition and one million (1,000,000) Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 coins. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $240.00.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable or if prior to awarding the prize Sponsor and winner agree on such a substitute prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any apparel sizes and games, including platform for play to be awarded as prize are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each individual winner.
5. Winner Selection and Notification.
The entrant with the lowest final Entry Score on each platform at the end of the Competition Period will be deemed the winner. Winners will be notified on or about January 30, 2013 by an email sent to the email address specified in the Competition entry (Origin Account Email Address).
In the event of a tie, the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Live Tournaments system includes a built-in tie-breaking system that calculates each individual golfer’s performance statistics (longest drive, fairways-in-regulation percentage, greens-in-regulation percentage, close approaches and closing percentage), and processes a total score related to overall performance in each of those categories. The outputted number is a “tiebreaker” score. In the event of a tied stroke score, the user with the highest tiebreaker score wins.
Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim the prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. If the winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a U.S. shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
6. General Conditions. Sponsor and its Agentsare not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Competition or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in this Competition. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Competition or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Contest. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above.
By entering this Competition, each entrant (i) grants to Sponsor and its Agents a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, right to use the Entry or a copy of the Entry for any purpose related to promotion of the Competition or of future contests or promotions of Sponsor or its Agents, the promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR video game franchise, and existing and future Tiger Woods PGA TOUR video games,specifically including, but not limited to the posting, performance and use of the Entry on Sponsor and/or its Agents’ respective websites, and agrees (ii) that Sponsor and its Agents have the right to use the Entries, and, except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR videogame franchise, existing or future Tiger Woods PGA TOUR video games, this Competition or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants; (iii) that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and/or its Agents, may adapt, edit, composite, remix, morph, scan, duplicate, alter and/or otherwise modify any Entry, in whole or in part, without any restrictions as to changes,for publication or for any other purpose, as Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, or that is otherwise allowed under these Official Rules;(iv) to be bound by these Official Rulesand the decisions of the Contest Judgesand (v) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Competition.
By entering the Competitions and by accepting a prize, the Competition winnersirrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Entry (with respect to their Original Creations, as applicable, included as part of the Entry), including without limitation, all copyrights and a waiver of all moral rights in the Entry. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry. The Competition is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
7. Winners list. A winners list will be available at http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks and is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 EA Major Championship Contest,” Electronic Arts Inc.,c/o Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Marketing 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065for receipt by February 15, 2013.
8. Sponsor. This Competition is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.