FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week - March 19
By EA SPORTS Football Mar 20, 2014
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
FC Barcelona’s 7:0 victory over Osasuna on Sunday saw Lionel Messi score a hat-trick and become the club’s all-time leading goal-scorer. In all competitions (including friendlies), the Argentine has scored 371 goals for his side, surpassing the previous record of 369.
Bayern München have just about wrapped up another Bundesliga title after they defeated Bayer Leverkusen 2:1 on Saturday night.Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scored the club’s second goal in the 52nd minute and helped set-up teammate Mario Mandzukic’s goal in the 44th.
Gianluigi Buffon made a critical penalty save in the 72nd minute and teammate Andrea Pirlo scored in the 89th to give Juventus a 0:1 victory over Genoa on Sunday night. The win keeps Juventus comfortably atop the Serie A table while Buffon now has 15 clean sheets this season.
Manchester City’s David Silva scored in the 14th minute then helped set-up Edin Dzeko’s 90th minute goal to give their side the 0:2 victory over Hull City on Saturday. The 28 year-old has played in 18 league matches this season and has accumulated five goals and eight assists in the process.
- GK: Gianluigi Buffon – Juventus (Italy)
- CB: Diego Godin – Atlético de Madrid (Spain)
- CB: Laurent Koscielny – Arsenal (England)
- CB: Marko Baša – LOSC Lille (France)
- LM: David Silva – Manchester City (England)
- CM (CDM): Bastian Schweinsteiger – Bayern München (Germany)
- CM (CDM): Steven Gerrard – Liverpool FC (England)
- RM (CAM): Alex Teixeira – Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
- CAM (RW): Dušan Tadić – FC Twente (The Netherlands)
- ST: Jermain Defoe – Toronto FC (Canada)
- ST (CF): Lionel Messi – FC Barcelona (Spain)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Javier García – Club Atlético Tigre (Argentina)
- RB: Thomas Meunier – Club Brugge (Belgium)
- CB: Victor Bernárdez – San Jose Earthquakes (United States)
- LM: Kris Commons – Celtic (Scotland)
- LM: Shkelzen Gashi – Grasshopper Club Zürich (Switzerland)
- ST: Willian José – Real Madrid Castilla (Spain)
- ST: Jordan Rhodes – Blackburn Rovers (England)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.