FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week - January 22
By EA SPORTS Football Jan 23, 2014
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
Chelsea’s Samuel Eto’o was absolutely incredible on Sunday, scoring all three of the club’s goals in their 3:1 victory over Manchester United. The win keeps Chelsea within two points of league leader Arsenal, and also sets United back even farther from both a place in Europe. United continue their disappointing Barclays Premier League campaign after winning the trophy last season.
Juventus look poised to repeat as champions of Italy and a key reason for their success has been the fine play of Chilean Arturo Vidal. The midfielder scored twice for Juventus, including the match winner, in a 4:2 victory over mid-table Sampdoria. Vidal has played in all 20 of the club’s league matches this season and he has scored 10 goals in the process.
Returning to England, Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla scored his second and third goals of the season to help Arsenal defeat cross-town rivals Fulham 2:0 and maintain their lead atop the Barclays Premier League. Although Arsenal control first place, they can’t afford any slip-ups with both Manchester City and Chelsea right behind them in the table.
- GK: Keylor Navas – Levante UD (Spain)
- LB: Henri Bedimo – Olympique Lyonnais (France)
- CB: Ricardo Carvalho – AS Monaco (France)
- RB: Daryl Janmmat – Feyenoord (The Netherlands)
- LM: Santi Carzorla – Arsenal (England)
- CAM: Yohan Cabaye – Newcastle United (England)
- CM: Marco Verratti – Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- CM: Arturo Vidal – Juventus (Italy)
- ST: Emmanuel Adebayor – Tottenham Hotspur (England)
- ST: Samuel Eto’o – Chelsea (England)
- ST: Alessandro Matri – Fiorentina (Italy)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Bartosz Białkowski– Notts County (England)
- RB: James Tavernier – Rotherham United (England)
- CM: Filip Kiss – Ross County (Scotland)
- CAM: Javito– AD Alcorcón (Spain)
- ST: Adam Le Fondre – Reading (England)
- ST: Dalibor Veselinović – Waasland-Beveren (Belgium)
- ST: Imad Khalili – Al Shabab (Saudi Arabia)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.