FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week - January 1
By EA SPORTS Football Jan 2, 2014
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
Arsenal sit atop the Barclays Premier League table with a slender one-point lead. Over the last week, key victories at home over West Ham United and away at Newcastle have helped to keep the club in first place. Theo Walcott was a key performer in both matches, scoring twice in a span of three minutes in their 3:1 win over West Ham. A few days later, Walcott helped set up the lone goal in the club’s 0:1 victory over Newcastle at St. James’ Park.
After making several key saves in a 2:1 victory over Liverpool FC, Manchester City’s Joe Hart followed that performance a couple of days later with a clean sheet over Crystal Palace. In twelve starts this season, the England Keeper has recorded four clean sheets and he’s a big part of the reason why the club has the best goal differential in the entire league.
Only two points separates third place Chelsea from the top of the table. On Boxing Day, the club defeated Swansea 1:0 then followed that up three days later with a 2:1 victory over fifth-place Liverpool. One of the key players in both matches was the Belgium International Eden Hazard. He scored the only goal in their match against Swansea, then scored the club's first goal against Liverpool.
Following a 1:1 draw against West Bromwich Albion on Boxing Day, Tottenham Hotspur easily took care of Stoke City 3:0. One of the three goal scorers in that match was recently-acquired Roberto Soldado, who put in from the penalty spot in the 37th minute. It was his fifth BPL goal this season, fourth from the spot.
Starting XI (Playing 4-1-2-1-2)
- GK: Joe Hart – Manchester City (England)
- CB: Thiago Neves – Al Hilal (Riyadh) (Saudi Arabia)
- LB: Maynor Figueroa – Hull City (England)
- CB: Per Mertesacker – Arsenal (England)
- RB: Séamus Coleman – Everton (England)
- CDM: Felipe Melo – Galatasaray (Turkey)
- LM: Eden Hazard – Chelsea (England)
- CAM: Robert Koren – Hull City (England)
- RW: Theo Walcott – Arsenal (England)
- ST: Soldado – Tottenham Hotspur (England)
- ST: Imoh Ezekiel – Standard Liège (France)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Colin Coosemans – Waasland-Beveren (Belgium)
- CB: Magnus Troest – Virtus Lanciano (Italy)
- RB: Iñigo Calderón – Brighton Hove Albion (England)
- LM: Lee Novak – Birmingham City (England)
- LM: Matt Ritchie – Bournemouth (England)
- ST: Stevie May – St. Johnstone (Scotland)
- ST: Tony Watt – Lierse (Belgium)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.