FIFA Ultimate Team - Team of the Week
By EA SPORTS Football Apr 16, 2014
Each week FIFA Ultimate Team assembles the best players from international and club competition around the world. This collection of players is available to challenge in FIFA Ultimate Team.
Liverpool’s 3:2 victory over Manchester City on Sunday puts the club in control of their first Premier League title. The match winner came in the 78th minute, when the 21 year old Philippe Coutinho latched onto the ball following a poor clearance attempt by the visitors. While it may have only been his fifth goal of the season, it could be the one their supporters remember in May if the club manages to lift the league trophy.
In Russia, Zenit St. Petersburg hold a slender one point lead over Lokomotiv Moscow with five matches remaining. On Saturday, they defeated Krasnodar 4:1 with Hulk scoring a hat-trick in the victory. This season, the Brazilian has 16 goals and will need to continue his fine form as the club face some tough opposition in the coming weeks.
Gonzalo Higuaín scored three times for Napoli as they took care of Lazio 4:2 on Sunday. In 31 league matches this season, the French-born Argentine has 17 goals and seven assists. Although Napoli look to have locked down third place in Italy, their fans will want the winning to continue as they face Udinese and Inter in the coming weeks.
- GK: Samir Handanovič – Inter (Italy)
- CB: Sokratis – Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
- CB (RB): Juanfran – Atlético de Madrid (Spain)
- CB (RWB): Daryl Janmaat – Feyenoord (Holland)
- CDM (CM): Alberto Aquilani – Fiorentina (Italy)
- CDM (CM): Coutinho – Liverpool (England)
- LM (ST): Kévin Gameiro– Sevilla FC (Spain)
- RM: Hulk – Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia)
- CAM: Carlos Darwin Quintero – Santos Laguna (Mexico)
- ST: Alberto Paloschi – Chievo Verona (Italy)
- ST: Gonzalo Higuaín – Napoli (Italy)
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Orestis Karnezis – Granada CF (Spain)
- CB: Martin Riley – Mansfield Town (England)
- CM: Luke Murphy – Leeds United (England)
- CAM: Jandro – Girona FC (Spain)
- ST: Jordan Ayew – FC Sochaux (France)
- RW: Lucas Simón – CD Huachipato (Chile)
- ST: Craig Davies – Preston North End (England)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.
FIFA 14 is available now everywhere. Pick up your copy today.