Take Down Golf's Greatest Legends
Travel back through time and defeat nine of golf's greatest icons in the all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors
EA SPORTS announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of golf's greatest legends in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, will give players a chance to travel back through time and relive golf's rich history by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through various eras in order to earn their own seat at the table of golf's all-time greats.
Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. For the first time in franchise history, players in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by reliving events from all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship.
“This year’s edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books,” said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. “Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world’s most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”
Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
- More Championship Courses– Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, PinehurstNo. 2 Restoredand THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc-a total of 20courses.
- Huge Player Roster– A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
- Look the Part– Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
- Golf Anytime in Any Condition– For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
- Members Only– Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics tocreate the ultimate competitive environment.
- Customize Your Swing– With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
- Never Play Alone–A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a realevent.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 will be available in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.