EA SPORTS™2014 FIFA World Cup™ Interactive Bracket
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility:EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup™ Interactive Bracket (the “Promotion”) is aimed at promoting the EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup game and is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States (including the District of Columbia, excluding New York and Florida) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Promotion. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Promotion, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. How to Enter: You my enter the Promotion either by filling out the Tournament Bracket as described below in section 2(i) or via the Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”) described in section 2(ii).
i. Entry Method 1 – The Tournament Bracket
Visit the Promotion Web site at www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/interactive-bracket, fill out the bracket (instructions below) to predict the winning team for matches being played in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (the “Tournament”) within the Promotion Period, complete the Registration Form and accept current Terms and Conditions (the “Official Rules”), and submit your entry by hitting the “submit” button.
The Tournament bracket is divided into six phases: (1) Group Stage, (2) Round of Sixteen, (3) Quarter-finals, (4) Semi-Finals, (5) Third Place, and (6) Final. As described below, Entrants who successfully predict the winners of a stage or match will be entered into a prize drawing for that particular stage or match. Entrants may edit their responses for each phase of the bracket during the relevant “Bracket Period” set forth in Section 4 below; the last submitted bracket during the “Bracket Period” will constitute their official entry for each Tournament phase.
(a) PHASE 1: Group Stage – There are eight groups; each group is populated with four teams in Phase 1 of the Tournament. Entrants must select two teams from each group to advance to the Round of 16 Matches in The Tournament. Entrants will receive one Entry into the drawing for a Phase 1: Group Stage Prize for each Group in which they successfully selected the top two teams.
(b) PHASE 2: Round of 16 Matches - There are eight matches in the Round of 16 populated by teams that have advanced from the Phase 1 Group Stage. For each Round of 16 Match, Entrants must select one winning team to advance to the Quarter-finals. Entrants will receive one Entry into the drawing for a Phase 2 Round of 16 Match Prize for each Round of 16 Match in which they successfully selected the winner.
(c) PHASE 3: Quarter-Finals Matches - There are four matches in the Quarter-Finals populated by teams that have advanced from the Round of 16. For each Quarter-Final Match, Entrants must select one winning team to advance to the Semi-Finals Match. Entrants will receive one Entry into the drawing for a Phase 3 Quarter-Finals Prize for each Quarter-Final Match in which they successfully selected the winner.
(d) PHASE 4: Semi-Finals Matches - There are two matches in the Semi-Finals populated by teams that have advanced from the Quarter-Finals. For each Semi-Final Match, Entrants must select one winning team to advance to the Finals. Entrants will receive one Entry into the drawing for a Phase 4 Semi-Finals Prize for each Semi-Final Match in which they successfully selected the winner.
(e) PHASE 5: Third Place Match - There is one Third Place match populated by the two teams that lost their matches in the Semi-Finals. Entrants must select the team that will win the Third Place of the Tournament. Entrants will receive one Entry into the drawing for the Phase 5 Third Place Prize for successfully selecting the winner. Each Entrant may receive a maximum of 1 entry into the Phase 5 prize draw.
(f) PHASE 6: Final - There is one (1) Final match populated by the two teams that won their matches in the Semi-Finals. Entrants must select the team that will win the Final match of The Tournament. Entrants will receive one (1) Entry into the drawing for the Phase 6 Final and Runners Up Prizes for successfully selecting the winner of the Final Match.
ii. Entry Method 2 – AMOE
Alternatively, you can enter the Promotion by sending a 3”x5” card with your name, address,email address (if available), and the Group Match letter(s) (A –H) and/or Match number(s) (49-64) that correspond with the prize drawings you would like to enter:
United States & Canada:
EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP™ INTERACTIVE BRACKET
Electronic Arts, 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065
EA SPORTS™ Matchs de la Coupe du Monde de la FIFA 2014™
Electronic Arts France, 50 rue Joannes Carret, CS 20712, Cedex 09, 69256 Lyon, France
EA SPORTS™ FIFA Fussball-Weltmeisterschaft 2014™ Spielplan-Gewinnspiel
Electronic Arts GmbH, Betreff: WM-Tippspiel, Im Zollhafen 15-17, 50678 Köln, Germany
EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP™ INTERACTIVE BRACKET
Electronic Arts, Onslow House, Onslow Street, Guildford, GU1 4TN, United Kingdom
Only 3x5 cards received prior July 20th, 2014 are eligible to receive entries into the prize drawings.
For residents of France only: Telecommunication and access expenses corresponding to the time of connection on the Prize Draw have been evaluated at the flat fee of 0.50 Euros per entry and shall be reimbursed to any on-line participant requesting it in writing at Electronic Arts France, 50 rue Joannes Carret, 69009 Lyon, France. The participants claiming reimbursement of the costs of connection must provide their telephone bill justifying that they do not benefit from unlimited access. Any incomplete request of reimbursement sent to a false or mistaken address won’t be taken into consideration. The request of reimbursement shall be sent within two months (60 calendar days) from the prize draw closure. Reimbursement of connection costs, photocopy is limited to one participation by participant (same first name and last name, same postcode, same age). Postal fees related to the sending of justifying documents or the Official Rules will be reimbursed upon request sent in the above described conditions and in the limit of low postal fee applying for a letter of 20 grams.
LIMIT: Each person or email address shall be limited to the maximum number of entries for each prize draw. Entrants participating in the AMOE shall also be limited to the maximum number of entries per prize draw. Use of any automated system to participate in the Promotion is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and all entries submitted or received via such automated system will be void. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information or entries, which will be disqualified and void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder (as defined herein) of the email address used by, or connected to, the eligible entrant will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer. Participation in the Promotion implies authorization to collect, use and disclose entrant’s personal information including the right to transfer personal data to the United States for purposes of administration of the Promotion and prize fulfillment.
For Residents of Germany: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line EA SPORTS™2014 FIFA World Cup™ Interactive Bracket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Residents of France: Personal information provided to the Sponsor in the course of this Promotion shall be processed according to the Legislation “Informatique et Libertés n°78-17” of January 6th, 1978.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on June 2, 2014 and ends at 06:55:00 PM GMT on July 13, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of 6 separate Brackets Periods as follows. Entries will be eligible for the Brackets Period for which they are received only and will not be eligible for subsequent Brackets Periods. Winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during each Brackets Period.
Tournament Phase: GROUP MATCHES; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – June 12, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
Tournament Phase: ROUND OF 16; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – June 28, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – June 28, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – June 29, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – June 29, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – June 30, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – June 30, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 01, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 01, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
Tournament Phase: QUARTER-FINALS; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – July 04, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 04, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 05, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 03:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 05, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
Tournament Phase: SEMI-FINALS; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – July 08, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
June 02, 2014 – July 09, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
Tournament Phase: 3rd PLACE; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – July 12, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 07:55:00PM GMT
Tournament Phase: FINAL; Bracket Period:
June 02, 2014 – July 13, 2014, START DATE: 00:00:01 GMT, END DATE: 06:55:00PM GMT
5. Prize Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received for each stage or match of the Tournament Bracket during the Promotion Period on or around July 22, 2014at approximately 06:00:00PM GMT. The drawing(s) will take place at the Sponsor’s offices at the address set forth below. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time limited skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 10 days of attempted notification, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly within the time limit provided (if applicable), refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
6. Prizes: There are 109 prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes.
PHASE 1: GROUP STAGE PRIZE DRAWINGS: Five (5)winners for each Group Stage Prize Draw will each receive one adidas® Tango Football and one adidas® Speed Cell. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is USD $110.00. There are a total of forty (40) prizes awarded in Phase 1.
PHASE 2: ROUND OF 16 MATCH PRIZE DRAWINGS: Four (4) winners for each Round of 16 Prize Draw will each receive a USD $100 voucher to be used for buying Soccer.com products. ARV of each prize is USD $100.00. There are a total of thirty-two (32) winners awarded in Phase 2.
PHASE 3: QUARTER-FINALS MATCH PRIZE DRAWINGS: Four (4) winners for each Quarter-Finals Match Prize Draw will each receive an EA SPORTS™ Prize Package (including one EA SPORTS™ MVP Carbon Headset by Monster®, one copy of 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, one adidas® Tango Football). ARV of each prize is USD $285.00. There are a total of Sixteen (16) prizes awarded in Phase 3.
PHASE 4: SEMI-FINALS MATCH PRIZE DRAWINGS: Four (4) winners for each Semi-Finals Prize Draw will each receive one signed International Shirt, plusanEA SPORTS™ Prize Package (including one EA SPORTS™ MVP Carbon Headset by Monster®, one copy of 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, one adidas® Tango Football). ARV of each prize is USD $365.00. There are a total of eight (8) prizes awarded in Phase 4.
PHASE 5: THIRD PLACE MATCH PRIZE DRAWINGS: Four (4) winners will each receive either one Xbox One console or one PlayStation 4 console. ARV of each prize is $500.00. The Total Value of all prizes will not exceed USD $2,000.00.
PHASE 6: FINAL & RUNNERS UP PRIZE DRAWINGS:
GRAND PRIZE: A total of nine names will be drawn in this Phase. The first four (4) winners to be drawn will each receive one EA SPORTS™ Football Club Chrome Xbox One or PlayStation 4 console. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $1,500.00. The Total Value of all prizes will not exceed USD $6,000.00. There are a total of four (4) Grand prizes in Phase 6.
RUNNERS UP PRIZE: The next five (5) names to be drawn will each receive one adidas® Tango Football and one adidas® Speed Cell. ARV of each prize is USD $110.00. There are a total of (5) Runners Up Prizes.
The cumulative ARV for all prizes is USD $24,270.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Game versions, including platform for play, T-shirt sizes and Consoles to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Consoles are not included in prizes except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Allow 8 - 10 weeks for shipment of prize(s).
7. General Terms:
By participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Promotion; (3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Promotion, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and (4) The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
8. Winner(s) List:Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end date of the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than October 1, 2014. For the Winner List: We will post the names of confirmed winners online after July 30, 2014 at http://bit.ly/1kh2mkx. This list will remain posted untilOctober 1, 2014.
9. These Official Rules have been filed with SCPBornecque Winandy – Bru Nifosi, huissiers de justice associés, 15, Passage du Marquis de la Londe – 78000 – Versailles – France.
10. Sponsor: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
Microsoft Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. are not sponsoring, endorsing or otherwise associated with this Contest.
© 2014 Electronic Arts Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.